Wednesday, January 18, 2006

What a difference a year makes





A year ago today, Justin and I were looking at the twins wondering if they would survive. Its amazing what a year can do. Today we are chasing Heath around and teaching Hallie to sit. This year has been full of ups and downs. It is very true that "preemie life" is like a roller coaster. Once you think things are going your way your hit with another problem. We have been so fortunate to have the twins as healthy as they are. I know how lucky we are. I watched as other families lost their babies and others that I see at the preemie clinic with a lot of problems and I realize that God has truly blessed our family. We do struggle with Hallie's feedings, her weight, and her vision. But, we have her here today! She is an amazing baby with the best little personality. She rarely cries , unless she is in pain with her reflux. She is the baby that can make your day all better by simply giving you a smile. I cant wait to see her grow and her personality blossom even further. Just thinking about all she has been through in the past year brings tears to my eyes. She is so innocent and has been through so much in her first year. She has had 6 surgeries. We have been surgery free for almost 5 months now! Heath, on the other hand, is a big handful. He crawls around everywhere, just waiting for you to scream his name and chase after him. He is going to be our little devil. Since he has been home, he has taken off. He will cry so hard he turns colors but when you pick him up, he is fine. He is at a very fun stage. He will play and laugh with all of us. And he just thinks the world of his big brother. The other night I watched Harley bounce a soft basketball off Heath's head, and Heath was just laughing out loud because Harley was! Heath climbed all the way in Hallie's bouncy seat the other night while she was in it (that picture will be posted when I get it in) , he was just laying on her. They are getting to be so fun. I just cant believe its been a YEAR. Happy Birthday to my sweet miracles! As Harley would say "Happy Birthday Heath Tucker Brother Lovvorn and Hallie Brooke Sister Lovvorn". Here are some before/after pictures!

Julie, the other night Hallie was getting into the nebulizer cord and I was going to "yell" (if you want to call it that) her name.....and I said "Hallie Grace", I think that means I'm a little obsessed!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! They have grown so much in the past year, they are doing great! I look forward to seeing them everytime they come in! I hope you all have a great day! The truley are your little miracles!
Michele
Tiny Tots Clinic

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

-!HaPPy BiRthDaY Heath & Hallie!-

It doesn't even seem like a year, it seems like not to long ago getting that phone call from your mom saying your were going into labor and me begging her to take me up there at 10 o'clock at night! I can remember like yesterday the first time I got to go in the NICU and see Heath and Hallie, Wow were they small, but now they have gotten so big! I'm waiting on Hallie to continue to get better so I can hold her and play with her like I do Heath. Harley is the best Big brother with Heath and Hallie wanting to play ball with Heath and feed Hallie, I'm glad that he feels included and didn't go through feeling left out! I made you something for their birthday(hope you like it), I will bring their presents over today when you get home if that's okay with you and Justin.
Love, Magen

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey this is clay i just thought i would stop in and tell you and the babys happy one year. yea i know y don't ever see ya'll, but i feel like i have been there from the begining because of magen, but anyways i hope for more good years for the twins. oh and tell harley i said hey.
yours truly clay wesley cleary

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR LITTLE MIRACLES. GOD IS SO GOOD!!! WE PRAISE HIM EVERYDAY FOR OUR BABIES. JUSTIN AND BOBBIE THANKS FOR GIVING US THREE BEAUTIFUL GRANDCHILDREN. WE LOVE YOU ALL. IT WAS SO FRIGHTENING AT FIRST NOT KNOWING...SEEING YOU AND JUSTIN SO FRIGHTENED BUT YET BEING SO STRONG...NOW WE SEE OUR LITTLE ONES SO BEAUTIFUL AND SWEET. IT WAS SO SWEET WHEN HARLEY GOT TO FINALLY MEET BROTHER HEATH AND SISTER HALLIE....HE WAS SO AMAZED. HE HAD HEARD ABOUT THEM FOR SO LONG BUT HAD NOT BEEN ABLE TO SEE THEM...HE JUST WANTED TO KISS AND LOVE THEM AND TODAY THEY WILL LAUGH AT HIM WHEN THEY WILL NOT LAUGH AT ANYONE ELSE. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEATH, HALLIE AND TO YOUR COUSIN CHANCE. POP AND GRANNY LOVE YOU ALL.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful babies. May this year bring as much growth and happiness as the first year did.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Hallie and Heath! Your first birthday is an amazing milestone. Many congratulations to you and your family, Bobbie. You should be very proud, knowing that even with all the medical benefits, it is your love that makes them thrive.
*hugs* Kelly

10:17 PM  
Blogger hallegracesmama said...

That's pretty funny! I think we're all a little obsessed! How is everyone feeling this week? Any progress with Hallie's new formula? I feel like I haven't talked to you in forever. Update, Update!

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home