Saturday, November 25, 2006

I have so much to be thankful for this year. My family of course being the most important. I am so thankful that the twins are relatively healthy, Hallie can see out of atleast one eye, Heath has so far not had to have another heart surgery, Harley is a great big brother, my wonderful husband that takes such great care of me, that I get to wake up 3x a night to feed my baby girl....yes, I'm thankful for that! She eats, she is growing, and she is HERE....im very thankful. I will also be thankful when she is big enough to sleep all night without having to eat. But, I do remember the days of constant praying that I would do ANYTHING for her to take a bottle, and I do suppose that meant not getting more then 3 hours a sleep at a time. I thank God everyday for my family and everything He has done for us. It has been a very hard road and I must say it has all been worth it. Preemie life is a rough road to travel and I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy but it has taught me a lot and I do believe I am a better person because of it. I have learned to have patience, dont stress over the small stuff. If a surgery can fix it, we're good!

Wow, how life changes after watching your children fight for their life!

I'm also very thankful for
-My parents, especially my mommy, she is the best mom in the world. I would have gone crazy many nights without her.
-The Amy Harris Fund that has allowed our twins to recieve their RSV shots this winter.
-Justin's parents, who are always there when we need them.
-the friends I have met in the NICU
-my neices and nephew
-the wonderful kids on my CC team, who make coaching worth it. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and we're thankful for you too!! you're the greatest.

I think you should use this one for your christmas card..even though I know you prolly don't want to be in it..but I like it the best cuz everyone's all close and stuff. lol

love you!
rach

5:27 AM  
Blogger hallegracesmama said...

Email me when you get a chance. I don't have your email address here & I want to add you to Halle's beta blog. :) jbhwalker@hotmail.com

8:59 PM  
Blogger hallegracesmama said...

oh my goodness, where are you these days? I need an update on you guys!

Oh, and your Christmas card is precious. :)

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home