Tuesday, January 24, 2006

One Year Check Up


Nothing exciting to report on their one year check ups. Hallie weights 11lb 14oz (she only gained 2oz in a week) , we are continuing to keep her on the high calorie formula. She is on 28 cal Neosure and 30 Calorie Nutren..so all and all 29 calories , and she still isn't gaining! They said we need to start giving her milk shakes and Yo Baby Yogurt....so that's our next try. She is only 24 inches long, (Heath was 24 inches at 6 months), poor runt! Heath weights 17lbs and is 27 inches long. They said we could start him on whole milk but we have tons of formula left, so we are going to use that first. They are pleased with his progress. They want us to cut him down to 3-4 bottles a day (now he is taking 7). They said that may be why he isn't eating food very well, because we are giving him 45oz of milk a day! Oops, we were just trying to plump the little man up. They took blood and gave both of them 3 shots. They really weren't fussy last night , to my surprise. Heath did have a major fall last night. He was standing holding on to the chair at the table, his hands slipped and his head hit to leg of the table. It swelled up and turned blue... Perfect end to a fantastic day!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, good to hear the they did good with their one year check-ups! I hope they do just as good this year in progress as they have in the past! I treated myself to a digital camera with my paycheck... so I SOo have to come over so we can take a bunch of good pictures and have them developed! I work a total of 26 hrs. this weekend so probably won't be able to come over until maybe Sunday morning, but i will probably sleep in a little and get some rest because I literly work ALL day! So yeah, just call me and let me know when you all will be home
Love Yall!
-MaGeN PhiLLiPs

9:05 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I was having the same problems with Baylee hating her solids. One day I decided to let her let me know when she is hungry instead of trying to keep her on a bottle schedule. In that one day, she went from 6 bottles (with two solid meals attempted) to 4 bottles (with two solid meals accepted). She became a totally different eater--she really, really likes her food now and I think the reason she rejected it so much before was because I was making her eat too much in conjunction with the 6 bottles. Just letting you know, what your doctor said actually DID work for us. I hope you'll find success, as well.

BTW, your babies are precious.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Billie said...

I love this picture! They look so happy and adorable. Solid food continues to be a big big challenge at our house. The girls drink 4 bottles a day (20-25 oz). We ATTEMPT 2 solid meals, but I really can't get much in them.

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Colt is still in the 25th percentile for weight but he his climbing and we were not as premie as yours.
I saw Hallie this morning in the same outfit I bought the girls dolls for Christmas. I told Lynn I would dress the dolls and bring them up there if you want to take her picture with them.
Misty Kimbrough
Misty@KIMBROUGHKUDDLES.COM

6:44 AM  
Blogger hallegracesmama said...

Remember how we were talking we have been told different things for Halle & Hallie & Julia even though they have similar issues? I think it's funny they told you to start Heath on whole milk b/c they considered it at Halle's 1 yr but decided she was too young still. Hmmm... :)

BTW- Love the new picture! Hallie looks so happy!!

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home