Sunday, June 04, 2006

NICU FRIENDS

NICU FRIENDS!! Saturday we spent the day with our old NICU buddies, Julia and Halle Grace. Halle Grace was Heath's first roommate and since her name was Halle and that was my daughters name, there was an instant connection!! I would always tell everyone "Heath is by Halle but not our Hallie". Julia's family was the first family that we became close to. There are so many rules in the NICU but it seemed that everyone knew about us being close , we could go visit the other ones baby and ask question, which is unheard of! It was so nice getting to see them again, I feel like we see each other all the time since I do stalk their blog site's and talk regularly on the phone...but seeing them in person and watching the kids interact was MUCH better! The mom's may have enjoyed it more....or maybe the dad's did, since we made it a mom's day with the kids and the dads went and did their own thing.....Julia is so big and has the cutest head full of curls, and it was so sweet when i first got there she just held her hands up for me to hold her, like she knew me forever! Halle Grace, goodness...she has got to be the smartest 23wker EVER, she talks and talks, asks questions...answers questions... I like to flipped out when i picked her up she asked me what my braclet was....Here we are just trying to get the twins to say "mama'! She amazed me, to say the least!
The top picture is the only picture I had of all four of them almost looking at the camera. L-R Julia, Halle Grace, Heath, and Hallie.
The bottom is Halle Grace holding Heaths bottle. Heath was teaching class: How to drink-101.
They paid attention, not sure they learned anything though. We will sure have to get together again some time SOON!
 Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger Maggie (Sarah's mom) said...

It must be so nice to have that NICU bond with other families and their preemies! All of them are beautiful babies!

8:09 PM  
Blogger hallegracesmama said...

It WAS fun on Saturday! Your pictures turned out so much better than mine though. I'm trying to edit some in photoshop...I'll post/send when they're done!

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had so much fun going with you, actually meeting Julia & Halle was great, like you said I feel like I already knew them from keeping up with their Blogs (when they update... caugh,caugh Carrie) They are all doing so great in their own ways. I enjoyed spending the last 3 days, 2 nights with you and the kids & Justin. I feel like i'm suppose to live there (NO IDEAS!). Hope yall have a good week, Maybe I will see yall on Tuesday!
Love Always,
Magen

10:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, your little ones are getting so big. Hallie does not look that much smaller than the other kids on that picture on the couch, she must be growing fast these days! Keep it up Hallie!

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home