Tuesday, June 20, 2006

NO BUTTON

We have gone 3 days with NO G button!! Yay! Everyone that has a kid with a tube/button can appreciate my excitement! We have gone a day or 2 without it before but it was a struggle and we had to return to using it 1-2 times a day but this time we have had more luck. She is waking up in the middle of the night for a feed , which I am NOT complaining about. She has been taking the same amount as always just adding the middle of the night feed. I am very excited and I hope that this is just the beginning. Even though the Dr. discouages using the infant feeder to take baby food, she has been taking some food too. Last night she took half a jar and tonight , she took the rest! She is DEFINITLY still eating tons better when she is sleepy or sleeping....but I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel! Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Woohoo, Hallie! I am so excited for you all! You were about due for some great news :)

10:43 AM  
Blogger Maggie (Sarah's mom) said...

That's great news!!!! Woo hoo :)

11:32 AM  
Blogger The Ryan Family said...

That is fabulous! Way to go Miss Hallie!

3:36 PM  
Blogger hallegracesmama said...

Way to go Hallie!! Can you feel my jealousy through the computer right now? Let's get together again soon...maybe if Halle Grace can teach Hallie some new words in exchange for some feeding tips! haha Maybe that tube WILL be out by the fall, especially with the way she's gaining these days.

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is great! I am so excited for her! She is such a sweetie and soooo cute!
Michele
Tiny Tots Clinic

6:04 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Yay for Hallie! I hope this is the start of somehting great :)

I can't get both of mine to look at the same time, either, and am also envious of Kim's skill. However, I bet her time is coming. Ours are older than hers.

5:05 PM  
Blogger liz.mccarthy said...

ok, I am litterlly almost crying for excitement for you...having a g-tube fed daughter, it's all I DREAM and LIVE for, getting her off! You give me encouragement!!!

11:38 PM  
Blogger The Myers Family said...

I'm 10 wks pregnant with identical twins. I've been enjoying reading blogs on twins and can't wait to share my own story when the time comes. I couldnt' stop crying wheh i read your entire blog(which i did in a few hours yesterday) I wanted to tell you what a SUPERMOM you are. Also, your babies are SUPERBABIES and i'm so happy that they are doing better day by day. I pray that one day you and your family will have a normal family without going to see dr.s on such a constant basis. Good luck and hope to hear some more exciting happy news soon!
Brenda
Houston, Texas

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home